New publication: Mastering the Nmap Scripting Engine
My newest book Mastering the Nmap Scripting Engine has finally been published. In this book I teach how to use the powerful scripting engine incorporated in Nmap and I share my secrets when it comes to developing NSE scripts.
All the functionality of the Nmap Scripting Engine is explored through 10 chapters which cover from basic concepts and operations to libraries that help expand the functionality of Nmap, so that users can develop their own scripts. The table of contents is as follows:
Chapter 1: Introduction to the Nmap Scripting Engine
- Chapter 2: Lua fundamentals
- Chapter 3: NSE data files
- Chapter 4: Exploring the Nmap Scripting Engine API and libraries
- Chapter 5: Enhancing version detection
- Chapter 6: Developing brute force password auditing scripts
- Chapter 7: Formatting script output
- Chapter 8: Working with network sockets and binary data
- Chapter 9: Parallelism
- Chapter 10: Vulnerability detection and exploitation
The information that I chose for this book tries to answer one of the most asked questions on the Nmap development forum: How do I start developing NSE scripts?
I welcome your comments and don't forget you can download a chapter of the book for free.
- Mastering the Nmap Scripting Engine
- Mastering the Nmap Scripting Engine en Amazon
- Mastering the Nmap Scripting Engine en Packtpub